The SQL Developer will design, develop, and maintain reports that are created to support the business, both corporate and divisional. These reports are written against Microsoft SQL Server. Working with COO, SQL Developer will be responsible for the analysis, design, coding, and unit level testing of enhancements, maintenance changes, and new development, as well as ensuring that programming and design standards, time frames, and deliverables are met. A self-starter willing to own the full life of the report development including the requirements gathering, data modeling, T-SQL and stored procedure creation, report layout design, report execution, and report deployment and subscription management. In addition, the candidate will manage the current portfolio or reports (including updates) and should be proactive in assessing current needs against reports already deployed.
- Understand and demonstrate the principals of the Company’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Will analyze, create and optimize SQL queries as well as develop and maintain reports with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Will perform data analysis to ensure accuracy of reports and create documentation and diagrams for existing database structures.
- Will follow and create protocols and procedures as necessary to ensure consistency and accuracy in the report development process.
- Design, develop, and maintain reports that are created to support the business, both internally and client facing.
- Work with COO, team members, or independently to resolve production problems
- Provide production support for batch and on-line environments
- Assist in capturing business requirements for application development, enhancement, or modification
- Support COO with ad-hoc requests.
- Work well in a team and collaborative environment
- Prepare programming time estimates
- Achieve project goals and deliverables within prescribed time frames
- Maintain project scope on all assignments
- Inform management of any critical issues affecting project deliverables or scope in a timely manner
- Maintain current and correct documentation for all reports and software generated reporting supported by unit.
- Create IT documents for knowledge base, user guides, and other various communications systems.
- Ensure all programming, design, production control, data validation, and quality control standards are met
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Comply with policies and procedures as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred or equivalent work experience developing reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Technical: Strong SQL development skills. SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server 2012 & 2016, Transact-SQL, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Microsoft .
An understanding of basic accounting principles, collection system and consulting experience. Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
Preferred certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) SQL Server 2012/2014 or SQL 2016 Database Administration preferred. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Data Management and Analytics.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Choice Legal offers employee benefits such as:
- PTO/Sick time
- Vacation up to 15 days a year
- Life Insurance
- Supplementary Insurance
- Gym Incentive
- Childcare Stipend
- Pound adoption program
- Paid Holidays
Choice Legal is an equal opportunity employer.
This is an in office position, only local residents to Tampa, Fl need apply.
Choice Legal will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $25.00 per hour